Weddings along the Wenatchee Valley, Washington Region
With the high temperature above 70 degrees from May to September and over 300 days of sunshine each year, Wenatchee Valley, Washington can be the perfect place to hold a wedding. If you’re getting married outdoors, you can even consider April and October. Both have average high temperatures of 62 degrees. If that isn’t your style, a late fall or winter wedding indoors can provide breathtaking mountain views.
Wenatchee Valley has much to love besides the ideal weather. Its beautiful mountains, numerous lakeside views, wineries, and sunsets in the high desert attract engaged couples from all over the country. Even if you decide to hold your wedding somewhere else, Wenatchee Valley has many options for your honeymoon.
It’s All About Location
Wenatchee Valley is located in North Central Washington. It is surrounded on either side by the communities of Lake Chelan and Leavenworth. Seattle, the largest city in Washington, is two and a half hours away by car. Spokane, the second-largest city, is approximately two hours and forty-five minutes away. This is convenient information to know if you have wedding guests flying into a major airport. All they need to do upon landing is rent a car and be on their way.
Multiple Options for Wedding Venues
When it comes to choosing a wedding venue in Wenatchee Valley, the only real limit is your imagination. Here are several venue options for weddings in Washington:
- Historic manors
- Homesteads for rent
- Lakeview backdrop
- Mountainview backdrop
- Rustic barns
Below are just five examples of the types of wedding venues you can expect to find here. A few are in the nearby town of Leavenworth, Washington.
- Chateau Faire Le Pont Winery: Host your wedding in Wenatchee Valley in the gazebo of a winery. Large outdoor decks nearby give your guests plenty of room to sit during your ceremony.
- Icicle Village Resort: You can choose an outdoor covered or uncovered wedding ceremony at this location. Either option will seat up to 150 guests. The staff at Icicle Village Resort also offers catering, set-up, and take-down services.
- Sleeping Lady Mountain Resort: The resort is located in the Cascade Mountains. You can choose to hold your wedding ceremony outdoors by the creek or inside. The Salmon Gallery is right next door. Sleeping Lady’s granite staircase is beautiful and dramatic to capture all those wedding photos. Room is available for 20 to over 100 guests.
- Run of the River: Are you and your fiancé planning to elope? If so, check out Run of the River. It is exclusively designed for eloping couples. It will be just the two of you surrounded by the unique nature of Northwest Washington. This will definitely be an experience to remember.
- Warm Springs Inn & Winery: This Washington wedding venue overlooks the Wenatchee River. It also includes several decorative gardens. Your options for wedding backdrops include mountains, a flowing river, or animals such as ducks and bald eagles. Afterwards, you can hold your reception or dance in the gazebo. This venue can accommodate up to 250 people.
Planning Your Wedding from a Distance? Hire a Wenatchee Valley Wedding Planner
You have your heart set on a wedding in Wenatchee Valley. The only problem is that it can be difficult to coordinate all the details from afar. Fortunately, that doesn’t need to be a problem at all. It’s as simple as hiring a wedding coordinator to manage all the local details for you. Here are just two of the several currently available:
- J9Bing Floral & Event Planning: Located in nearby Manson, Washington, this company offers complete wedding planning services. It has two locations, one specifically to serve brides and grooms in the Wenatchee Valley, East Wenatchee, Wenatchee, Leavenworth, and Lake Chelan areas. If you’re more hands-off when it comes to planning, the full service package could be ideal. You can also choose ala carte and only add the services you need.
- Peppercorn Catering & Event Planning: This company servicing the Wenatchee Valley area is open to helping with weddings of any size. It can be intimate, casual, or a grand affair. Peppercorn has a reputation for serving delicious food while providing brides and grooms with numerous menu options. The planners and caterers are happy to accommodate your unique needs.
Get to Know Wenatchee Valley, Washington
Fondly known as the Apple Capital of the World, Wenatchee Valley sits between the Columbia River and the Cascade Mountains. Two of the city’s neighbors are East Wenatchee and Wenatchee. These towns, along with Lake Chelan and Leavenworth, all have their unique charms. They also unite as a single community with shared appreciation for the beauty of the area. If you want to get a taste of small-town America while in the area, head 10 miles west to the city of Cashmere.
Your first impression of Wenatchee Valley just might take your breath away. When you arrive in the Valley area, you will drive past several miles of orchards. These contain apple, cherry, and pear. You will also notice that the river winds through the canyons and flatlands. Wenatchee Valley is especially colorful in the spring. This is when the local flower known as balsamroot goes into full bloom. You won’t be able to help noticing the snow-capped Cascade Mountains of East Wenatchee either.
- This is a nine-acre wooded garden located at the top of the hill in nearby Wenatchee, Washington. One of its main features is a one-mile stone walking path. You will also have the chance to take in panoramic views of Wenatchee Valley and the Columbia River. You have plenty of waterfalls to pose in front of for those romantic snapshots. Ohme Gardens is open April 15 to October 15 between the hours of 9:00 a.m. and 7:00 p.m. It celebrates its 90th anniversary in 2019.
- Mission Ridge Ski and Board Resort: If you’re planning a winter wedding and honeymoon, head to nearby Wenatchee for skiing or snowboarding. The resort has more than 2,000 acres for you and your new husband or wife to enjoy exploring together. You will enjoy views of the Columbia River on one side and snow-capped peaks on the other.
- Wenatchee Confluence State Park: You can’t go wrong visiting a state park. This one has acres of wide open space and offers swimming, camping, hiking, and much more. It is the official location where the Wenatchee River and the Columbia River meet.
- Escape Room Wenatchee – Escape Tactics: When the two of you are up for an adventure, you need to head here. You will be paired with others on a team to see who can solve puzzles and find clues for the Bavarian Masquerade before the time expires. Your team has just 60 minutes! It’s like combining a virtual reality game, board game, and puzzle all in one.
- Martin Scott Winery: For a fun and high-class afternoon, book a limo to take you to this winery located in East Wenatchee. Once you arrive, sign up for a tour to learn more about the wine-making process. You can also choose to buy a wine and cheese package and enjoy it on the terrace. As a newly married couple, you won’t want to miss out on tasting several different types of wine either.
There are also plenty of activities for your friends and family to do if they plan to stay in the area after your Wenatchee Valley wedding. From wineries to hiking trails to skiing and more, they can stay busy while you two enjoy some time alone together.
- Mountain Getaway Private Entrance Basement Apartment: This lodging option provides you with completely private access. It is located at the foot of the Cascade Range for spectacular views every morning and evening. Additionally, you are only a 15-minute drive from the Mission Ridge Ski Area. Your private apartment includes patio, kitchen, dining area, living room, and spa tub. It is also less than a half an hour drive from several of the activities listed above.
- Private Farmhouse Near Mission Ridge Ski and Board Resort: When you really want to get away from it all and just enjoy each other, rent a private farmhouse. It includes a kitchen, patio, fireplace, and two bedrooms. The Cascade Range is only a one-minute walk from your rented farmhouse. If you’re into live theatre, be sure to plan a visit to Numerica Performing Arts Center. It is just 15 minutes from your location.
- Warm Springs Inn & Winery: This inn is located just three miles from Cascade Range. The fact that it only has five guest rooms only adds to the intimate feeling. Each room has a unique theme. These include the Bordeaux Room, English Room, Garden Suite, River Room, and the Swedish Room. You can even visit the winery without having to drive anywhere. The Warm Springs Inn & Winery is a bed and breakfast for adults only. Enjoy a homemade breakfast with your new spouse between 8:00 and 10:00 a.m. each day.
Unwind after the stress
No matter where you stay, take the time to relax and unwind after the stress of planning a wedding. Try to forget about work, school, or anything waiting for you back home. This is a time to bask in the pleasure of each other’s company and marvel at the beauty around you. Life stresses will always be there, but an opportunity like this comes once in a lifetime.
Preserve Those Precious Memories with Videography
When you’re going through your wedding ceremony, it might seem like you will never forget it. However, most couples start to lose memories of their wedding day over time. This isn’t to say that the day was not extremely special for them. It’s just the way the human mind works as new memories come in to replace old ones. You don’t have to worry, though. Pacific Hearts is here with wedding videography services to meet any need or budget.
Pacific Hearts is an award winning team of wedding videographers covering Washington, Oregon and California. Our couples enjoy a perfect blend of affordability and quality in Portland, Seattle, San Francisco, San Diego, and everywhere in between.
1008 U Street
Vancouver, WA 98661
1009 Sikes Court
Santa Rosa, CA 95401